4. Rank higher on Expedia with: Instant Booking
Expedia relies on a few different scoring systems to measure your business’s standing in the marketplace, including:
- Offer Strength: This is Expedia’s way of gauging how your listings stack up to similar properties. It takes into account numerous factors, including reviews, pricing, and even recommendations from past guests.
- Quality Score: This is basically how Expedia measures your professionalism. Like Offer Strength, it is influenced by a number of things, including how frequently you initiate cancellations.
That’s important to know because Expedia is not keen on cancellations or unsuccessful booking attempts. Again, the goal here is to create top-notch traveler experiences, which is why Expedia considers your Acceptance Rate—how frequently you accept bookings versus how frequently you decline them—when ranking your listings.
Fortunately, Expedia’s Instant Booking feature makes the booking process extremely simple. It allows travelers to book a property immediately, which not only saves time, but also keeps a host’s Acceptance Rate at 100%. Stellar Acceptance Rates, minimal host-initiated cancellations, and prompt responses to booking requests are the preferred ingredients in Expedia’s pre-stay cocktail; when you mix it all together, Expedia rewards you with a higher ranking.
5. Rank higher on Expedia with: Promotions
To rank higher on Expedia in the long-run, your best bet is to utilize the above techniques and always make sure your listings are on point. But you can also supplement your own efforts with Expedia’s promotions and merchandising opportunities, which will push your listings higher in search results and further solidify long-term success.
Rank higher on Expedia with promotions
Promotions and merchandising tools are flexible, and the robust number of options throughout the year allows you to pick and choose opportunities that fit your business goals. Here are some examples of popular promotions property managers use to rank higher on Expedia:
- Accelerator: This promotional tool lets you pay Expedia higher commissions in exchange for a bump in the search results and overall better visibility. You decide when to turn it on and when to turn it off.
- Campaigns: When you opt into a campaign, your properties receive special placement in Expedia’s search results along with email marketing, banner advertising, special badging, and more.
- Packages: These bundled deals (such as lodging + flight) are quietly a perfect match for vacation rentals and have the potential to drive incremental revenue to your properties. If you utilize Expedia Collect, you can take advantage of packages—not to mention, you’ll rank higher on Expedia. Learn more about Expedia Collect and Packages.
It’s a lot of work to rank higher on Expedia, but if you follow these steps, your listings will climb in the search results. If you’d like help with any of the above strategies—or if you’re looking for a team of professionals to implement all of these strategies for you—contact VacayHome Connect today to learn what we can do for your business!